Email – Dead or Alive? VERY MUCH ALIVE. So how can email marketing help my company?
Based on recent studies, email marketing is found to have the highest ROI (Return on Investment).
Email helps with:
- Building relationships
- Brand Awareness and Trust
- Lead Generation
- Boosting Social Interaction
- Nurturing Relationships
- Driving Sales
- Building Customer Loyalty
- Educate or Upsell
According to the Direct Marketing Association,
Average ROI of Email $1 -> $40.56
According to Message Systems, 63% of Marketers Cite Email as the Channel that Offers Best ROI
Different Types of Emails:
1. Email Newsletter – This is a powerful tool that has various useful functions. It reminds your users about you; it informs users about your products; it tells them what you have been up to; and it helps you build a unique relationship with them.
2. Email Digest – This is automatically generated by an electronic mailing list
3. Stand-Alone Email – This is an email that serves the purpose without using other devices to function.
4. Lead Nurturing Email – This is a customer email to a specific contact or list of contacts that you are nurturing from a lead to a customer.
Segmentation of your email list
One of the keys to effective email campaigns is to practice highly targeted email marketing. The key to a highly targeted email marketing is: list segmentation, keeping list up-to-date, and understanding buyer lifecycle stages.
You can segment your email list in several different criteria depending on your products and services:
- Geographic Segmentation
- Industry Segmentation
- Job title or role
Each buyer is at a different stage in their journey to become one of your customers. Too much information is not good; just as too little information as time passes is also not good. Targeted email marketing requires that you know your contact and lead list.
Monitoring and Analyzing
It is important that you monitor and analyze your email campaign. Here are several factors that you should consider:
- Bounce Rate
- Delivery Raate
- List Growth
- Click-through rate (CTR) on your call-to-action
- Social media email sharing
- Open rate
- Unsubscribe rate
The most important of the above is the CTR (click through rate). Email campaigns are to assist the sales function. When someone clicks on your call-to-action, they are starting the buyer journey from email recipient to lead and/or customer.
- Email marketing is not out of date.
- Segment your email list.
- Write emails that add value, that build or that nurture relationships.
- Analyze your emails. Be deliberate.