Today, more and more people use their mobile devices. In fact, 80% of internet users own a smartphone. This means that most people showing up on your site are doing so from their mobile device. This includes smartphones, tablets, smart TVs, smart watches, etc. While it used to be okay to have a website mainly for desktop viewing, that is no longer acceptable. You have to offer mobile solutions. Imagine someone clicking on your site from their phone only to find the text too big or small, the images taking up the entire page, and links not working as they should. They will leave your site! Having mobile solutions for your site is a must for success.
Mobile Responsiveness Make a Big Difference
All the issues you would have with a site lacking mobile responsiveness (aka solutions) would go away once you make it responsive. Here is how this affects your website:
- Sharing content: Without mobile solutions, you would have two separate URLs, one for the regular site and the other for the mobile site. However, this causes many issues when Internet users attempt to share your content. Just imagine the chaos of opening a mobile URL on a computer only for the page to look badly proportioned. Having mobile responsiveness for websites allows users to share and link to your content with a single URL, so this problem would never happen again.
- Engineering time and manageability: You will face this issue if you do not have mobile responsiveness for your website. Right when you finish updating your regular site, you will have to switch over to your mobile site and update it as well. All information you put up, including blogs and videos, will have to be worked on twice. With mobile solutions, you will have less engineering time since you would be maintaining only one site’s pages.
- Reduces common mistakes: Having two URLs, one for the regular site and the other for the mobile optimized site, can cause many common mistakes, like broken URL redirects. With mobile solutions, you would reduce such mistakes that affect mobile sites.
- Load time: Without mobile responsiveness, users would have to manually redirect themselves from your regular site to your mobile site. Having mobile responsiveness, on the other hand, would automatically redirect a mobile user to the mobile version of your site, reducing load time and possible errors as well as making your site more user-friendly.
- Search Engine Optimization: Why make it tough for the Google spider to crawl through the many versions of your website’s content when it can simply crawl your page once? Having a web design with mobile responsiveness fixes this issue and improves your website’s search engine optimization.
With the rise of mobile internet users, integrating mobile solutions to your site is not an option but a mandatory change for a successful website.